The UMA Montessori teacher certification course is a 9-12 month, distance-learning program. Students participate through an online virtual campus. Lessons include video tutorials, comprehensive essay notes, ungraded surveys, open-book quizzes, journaling, and virtual web conferencing. Plus, opportunities to get to know and work with your peers!
The UMA curriculum is divided into 6 modules, as follows:
- Introduction to Montessori… Biography, theory, and classroom observation.
- Montessori Principles and Early Childhood Development… Includes an inner look at your own early childhood years.
- The Adult-Child Relationship in the Classroom… Evaluating various behavior scenarios.
- The Montessori Academic Apparatus…Classroom setup, Montessori material presentations, and album projects.
- Parent-Teacher Relationships…Includes Parent Handbook for school handout and child evaluation samples for parent conferences.
- Final…Course review, classroom observation, and self-evaluation.
If you are interested in receiving our UMA School Catalog, please contact us.