Planning on those traditional store-bought Valentine cards this year? How about creating opportunities for each child to make Valentine book markers instead? They make a sweet little gift, can be used all year long, AND might even encourage more book reading!
- Paint chip cards (please respect the paint/hardware stores and ask for permission to take extras) OR cut and paint your own colored strips.
- A small hole puncher and a heart puncher
- Colored string or narrow ribbon
- Hand-eye coordination
- Self confidence
- language: finger strengthening for writing, left-to-right movement for writing and reading,
- math: units through counting hearts, understanding directionality – up/down, in/out, over/under (string or ribbon through hole)
- THE JOY OF CREATING & SHARING
Photo: teachingmyfriends blogspot
Leave a Reply