Archives for September 2016
The Nuts & Bolts of Practical Life
So, what are the developmental benefits?
- Hand-eye coordination
- Self confidence
- Preparation for writing (pincer grip)
- Preparation for reading (left-to-right sequence)
- Learn to attach and remove a screw to a bolt!
For Classroom or Home
Supplies and construction:
- Wood picture frame with glass and hardware removed
- Quilt fabric (with hand–sewn buttons) glued onto frame
- Strips of ribbon glued onto edges (suggestion: tac the corners/edges for extra security)
- Fabric scraps cut into various slitted shapes, buttoned onto quilt
“The buttoning frame is on the shelf with the shapes already buttoned from the last child. They will use two careful hands to walk it to the table. They will then unbutton the shapes placing each one on the table. After all the shapes are removed and placed on the table, the child then chooses where they would like the shapes to be buttoned back on the frame. The buttons vary in size. So children can choose what size they are comfortable with or try one a little more challenging.”Thank you Sharlene for sharing!
Montessori Teacher Training
Follow your heart’s desire…become a fully certified Montessori teacher!
“This was my first experience with an online course and it has been a very rewarding one. I really appreciate all of the time and consideration that went into making my experience at UMA so fulfilling.” (Jenny B-California)
Here at UMA, Fall Quarter begins September 15th. There is still time for you to enroll in UMA’s Montessori Teacher Training and Certification. What you will receive:
- The highest quality program and comprehensive curriculum at an affordable price.
- A state-of-the-art learning management system, face-to-face video interaction, complete and comprehensive training materials (includes videos and Montessori Albums), and distinct, personalized guidance.
“I appreciate UMA’s unrelenting stand for thorough and quality work. Their passion for the classical Montessori method is inspiring.” (Lee L-Canada)
Throughout the course, we give individual attention to YOU – always ready to guide and answer your questions. Our long history and trusted reputation as worldwide Montessori leaders, the success of our UMA graduates, and superior experience of our staff are just a few of the reasons to join our Montessori “family!”
UMA has my eternal thankfulness and gratefulness for giving me this excellent education. The professionalism and dedication of UMA to the Montessori philosophy and preparing the student to become a valuable and effective Montessori teacher is an inspiration to everyone.” (Susanne V-Florida)
Email us: email@example.com