“Play Is The Work of the Child” ~Maria Montessori, who was a contemporary of Vygotsky. Both were revolutionaries in their fields of early childhood development.
Archives for May 2015
Science and Nature
Safe Product Alternatives
Let’s get rid of all those chemicals, in the classroom and at home!
For use in various Montessori classroom activities:
- Wood Polishing – coconut oil or olive oil
- Cleaning a Mirror or a Window – white vinegar (with a little water)
- Shell Scrubbing – baking soda and water
- Washing Dishes – castile soap
- Cleaning Plant Leaves – homemade mayonnaise or olive oil
Here are more suggestions, beyond the classroom (from Healthy Holistic Living):
Let’s all do our part to take care of our environment, our health, and above all, the health of our children! More suggestions? We welcome your thoughts.