Smooth & Bumpy
- Wooden tray
- Willow basket
- Cotton floor mat
- Transparent vinyl smooth/bumpy mat, cut same size as floor mat. One side is left smooth and the other size has dried, clear, white glue "bumps" randomly placed.
- Five objects found in nature that are bumpy in texture with a corresponding match of the same object that is smooth in texture. Each pair of objects should be approximately the same size to one another.
- Birch and maple tree bark (better if cross section of a small log from each tree is available, so you do not have to kill a tree to obtain it
- A bumpy and a smooth stone
- An open, mature and an immature, but brown spruce pinecone
- Smooth wild berry and a berry made of tiny smaller ‘bumps’ similar to a raspberry (non-poisonous, of course)
- A smooth and a bumpy branch
- Visual: match the "same to same"
- Tactile: separate by "smooth and bumpy"
A very beautiful and inviting original Sensorial project!
(The transparent vinyl mat lays on top of the cotton floor mat):